Is your car ‘acting up’ lately and you have no idea what to do. Is it the bumps, some strange noises, or your air con seem to be faulty, it could be that your car is experiencing some ‘hiccups’ and need a bit of health check and some extra attention. Below are Dundee’s own businesses ready to assist you get your car back on track.
Common Car Problems & Solutions (by: John Hughes)
It is important to make sure that you prevent car problems for your safety and those travelling with you on the roads. Even if your car is new nothing is guaranteed that there will be no hiccups with the car. Following are some of the common car problems and tips on what you can do to sort them out.
- Your car tyres may be uneven and this is not always obvious especially while you driving that you car tyres are unevenly worn. This can be very dangerous due to their reduced grip on the road. A quick check will tell you if your tyres are worn unevenly. Rotating your tyres ad having your wheels aligned regularly can help prevent this problem. Check with the tyre manufacturer as to how many time you should align your tyres as this differ for every vehicle and the type of tyres used.
- Having problems starting your car, either its taking too long to start or it does not start at all. This maybe caused by a number of reasons, the most common being a dead battery. It is important to pay attention to the noise it maes whe you turn the key. If the csar is completely silent, there maybe a problem with the battery terminal cable connections. If it cranks over but does not start it could be your spark plugs or fuel supply to the engine.
- Is your air conditioner not working? It is only blowing room temperature rather than cold when switched on. This is cause by no having a refrigerant left in the system. This could be cause by a leak somewhere in the system and that needs to be fixed before refilling the refrigerant. A mechanic can help you with this.
- Your car engine is over heating, this can be shown by steam or smoke coming out from the bonnet. Overheating can be caused by a few different factors. One being that your car needs more coolant.
- Noisy Brakes, this is means that your brake pads could be loose, worn out or you may have brake dust inside the drum. Brake dust, however, it is better to leave it to the professionals and can be extremely dangerous when inhaled.
Endumeni is fortunate to have professionals who have been around for quite sometime helping with such problems, assiting the local motorists. Make use of them for your safety and safer driving, get them to check your vehicle or visit their businesses to get the best tools to fix your vehicle, there are not only there to help with car issues but they can make your car also look as good as new from the inside out, make it more comfortable for you to drive around aywhere you want to go.